I first heard about Baby Sensory classes from friends and thought they sounded like the perfect class for me to attend with my baby boy, as he would love the variety of activities. I was disappointed to find that there were no classes running locally, which made me think about taking this on myself. We went to a class in another area to find out more and had a brilliant time. My son was captivated throughout and I was amazed at how his attention was kept during the activities, just like all the other babies in the class. Having always worked with children and with experience of providing activities whilst working as a nursery nurse and loving this part of the job, this felt like the perfect next step for me. This inspired me to take on running these baby sensory classes in my own area, so that other mums and babies can benefit and don't miss out on the baby sensory experience.
I have a wonderful and rewarding job as a Baby Sensory Class Leader. Both of my babies are now at school and I was lucky to be able to take extended maternity leave. When the time came for me to return to work I made a conscious career change and found an opportunity to work in an activity programme for pre-school children and their parents. I absolutely love working with children, and when my other role ended for reasons beyond my control, I was delighted to discover Baby Sensory and as soon as I had experienced my first class I knew it was the job for me! It is a pleasure to deliver the exciting activities to parents and their babies on a weekly basis.
I am the Sub-Franchisee of Baby Sensory Peterborough and Stamford and District areas. I run classes along with my Class Leader laura, who runs some of my venues for me.
I have been working with Children and Families for many years now and have extensive experience in various fields including being a Qualified Nursery Nurse and working and managing in Pre-School settings to Qualifying as a Social Worker achieving BA (hons) which included working across children and families in varying contexts including the Local Authority and charity organisations working directly with parents and individually with children.
As a result I am Registered as a Social Worker with current HCPC registration which means I have kept up to date with ongoing professional development.
I am also subject to the ongoing assessment and monitoring provided by Baby Sensory to ensure our classes are maintained and delivered to the agreed standard.
I also have 2 boys at home (age 4 and 1) who keep me on my toes!
Laura is a fully trained Baby Sensory Class leader with a host of experience working in various fields before coming to work with us.
Laura is an experienced parent of 2 children and has undergone the extensive Baby Sensory assessment and training to ensure that she is able to provide the high standard of classes expected.
Laura has also attended Paediatric First Aid Training (Appointed person).
Both Kerry and Laura are assessed regularly to ensure the standards of classes remain appropriate and we are pleased to say we are both assessed separately as being ‘outstanding’ class leaders!
Kerry's Baby Sensory classes run in Northamptonshire, Lincolnshire and Rutland. The Award Winning Baby Development classes are being held weekly in Kings Cliffe and Stamford area. These locations are easily accessible for parents living in the local communities including; Corby, Oundle, Stamford, Uppingham, Oakham, Bourne, Spalding and surrounding villages. If you are looking for an exciting activity which will be fun for you and will help with your baby’s sensory development call your Class Leader,Kerry, who will arrange for you and your baby to visit one of her classes. You can contact us by email on email@example.com
Every week is a whole new adventure as we explore a different lesson plan. Created by Dr Lin Day, who is an expert in her field with a wealth of experience, each activity has been specifically designed to help promote your baby’s development in their first year, whilst also having lots of fun. The development of your baby’s brain in their first year is phenomenal and we try to utilize every possible opportunity to stimulate their learning. Babies are taking in this learning from birth which is why we encourage you to attend as soon as possible, they are never too young to benefit from the sessions.
Baby Sensory Terms and Conditions. Please read before booking a place.
· You can join a class at any time as long as a space is available.
· Payment is made at the time of booking by debit or credit card.
· 5 week bookings are available but do incur an additional charge to cover our admin costs.
· Bookings are non-transferable in most cases but Baby Sensory may be able to move your booking to another venue/day within our area if there is availability.
· Regretfully we are unable to carry missed sessions over to the next week or term.
· Regretfully Baby Sensory is unable to offer concessions for missed sessions or holidays. However you are welcome to give your place to a friend if you are unable to attend your class. Please let the office know in advance who will be attending in your place including their name, baby’s name, date of birth and a contact number.
· If you have a prior doctor’s or hospital appointment and are unable to attend your usual session we may be able to fit you into another class at an alternative venue. Please contact the office to inquire.
· You automatically have first opportunity to re-enrol on your current space reserved for you prior to it being released online. Please be prompt at re-boking on receiving your re-enrolment email as after 24 hours your space will be released to the next person. Please note that all bookings are on a first come, first served basis so please re-book your place in good time to avoid disappointment.
· I am aware a lot of parents do have other children, however, please note that our classes are designed for babies from the age of birth to 13 months only. All older children aged from 18 months to 5 years are unfortunately unable to attend our classes due to health and safety reasons. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.
· Please note bookings cancelled less than 7 days prior to commencing will incur an administration fee of £10.00. Regretfully we are unable to refund the class fee once the booking has begun.
· If your class leader is unable to run your class because of illness etc. Baby Sensory will try and substitute an alternative class leader. If this isn’t possible you will be notified by text or telephone call that the class has been cancelled. Baby Sensory will offer a ‘catch up’ class or credit session to your account. If this isn’t possible you will receive a refund.
· In certain exceptional circumstances Baby Sensory may be prevented from running classes due to situations beyond their control. These may include floods or treacherous driving conditions (for example snow or ice) which would pose a risk to our class leaders and parents/babies if they ventured onto the roads. In these circumstances Baby Sensory will post a warning on their Facebook page (Baby Sensory Peterborough and/or Baby Sensory Stamford & District) and text or phone parents to inform them of cancellation. Baby Sensory will endeavour to credit classes to replace cancelled sessions at the end of the term. However due to the exceptional nature of the circumstances Baby Sensory reserves the right not to refund cancelled classes if ‘catch up’ classes are unavailable.
· Twins – Baby Sensory offers a discount of half price for the second baby. E.g. an average 10 week term would be £105.00.
· When you reserve a place in the class you will receive a confirmation email detailing the term dates, holiday sessions when classes won’t be running and the address of your venue. Baby Sensory advise you to keep a copy of the email or make a note of the details as they are not responsible for missed sessions or the wrong venue.
Our current pricing structure is as follows:
Full 1 hour Baby Sensory Sessions are £70 for 10 weeks, 5 week bookings are also available to help spread the cost for £37.50.
Sensory Only 45 minute sessions are £60 for 10 weeks, 5 weeks also available to help spread the cost for £32.00.
If you have any other questions regarding your booking, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org